ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <>
Subject Re: Possible bug in Ivy 2.0.0? I get undeterministic behavior.
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 21:24:21 GMT
There is already an issue for it if I'm not mistaken...
I think it would be better if Ivy throws an error when retrieving 2 different artifacts to
the same file...

----- Original Message ----
From: Kent Larsson <>
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2009 10:07:53 PM
Subject: Re: Possible bug in Ivy 2.0.0? I get undeterministic behavior.

Thank you! It worked. :-)

Can I give a feature request? Ivy could store which files it outputs
and if it overwrites a file it could at least give a warning that it
has done so. For these circumstances, when a pattern results in
overwritten files, it's always an error and if the project builds it's
pure luck? In that case a textual warning would be great, I would
stretch it so far as the build failing as something is obviously very

Best regards, Kent

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 11:20 PM, Maarten Coene <> wrote:
> I think it's caused because Ivy automatically adds source and javadocs artifacts to the
maven modules if they are available. When you do the ivy:retrieve, you will also retrieve
these sources/javadocs, but your retrieve-pattern maps the sources/javadocs artifacts to the
same file as the artifact with the class-files.

View raw message