ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Dekany <ddek...@freemail.hu>
Subject Re: not picking up ivysettlings.xml
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 22:50:19 GMT
Wednesday, March 11, 2009, 10:59:44 PM, infinity2heaven wrote:

> I'm looking at this:
> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-release/settings.html
>
> If I'm not wrong you place ivy.instance property inside
> ivysettings.properties which is read by ivysettings.xml.
>
> Whatever. What's the default file name and file location

You can specify the location with this Ant task:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-release/use/settings.html

Or if you put ivysettings.xml into the project directory, it will find
it even without that.

(And ignore the "No ivy:settings found for the default reference
‘ivy.instance’"... it cries about that, but then finally still loads
my settings.)

> and why is it so hard to know this simple information from the
> reference docs?

New to Java/Open Source land? This is word of mostly low-quality
chaotic software, and the last thing you get is proper documentation.
"ant -debug" and the source code helps sometimes... and the mailing
lists.