ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Dekany <ddek...@freemail.hu>
Subject Re: [solved] How to prevent "unknown resolver" errors?
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 23:03:49 GMT
Thursday, March 12, 2009, 6:33:27 PM, Brown, Carlton wrote:

> [...]

(In my experience it can't work safely off-line anyway... unless you
create a local mirror repository, of course.)

> But I think the "unknown resolver" error is a bug... in
> my opinion Ivy shouldn't error out if it encounters an unknown
> resolver, as long as the resolver doesn't get used. You can go here
> and open a bug and see if the developers agree:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY

Ugh... I'm shy about reporting this particular one. I already filled a
few reports, where I'm quite confident Ivy behaves badly. But this...
I at best have blurry ideas regarding how that information is supposed
to be used. I rather filled a documentation improvement request
regarding cache setup and multiple ivysettings.xml-s...

> [snip]
>> Simply, since multiple projects use the same ivysettings.xml,
>> and they may be built in parallel (think about a continuos
>> integration server), and the resolution caches shouldn't be
>> accessed concurrently (according to the Ivy docs), I think I
>> can't use just one resolution cache per ivysettings.xml. Can
>> I?
>
> You can specify the default cache as a property and then override it
> from the build script before you call ivy:settings.

Yes, for example. Hence you have one resolution cache per project,
rather than one per ivysettings.xml.

--
Best regards,
 Daniel Dekany