ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Andrey Fedorov <anfedo...@gmail.com>
Subject ivysettings resolver
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 21:29:21 GMT
I'm trying to understand how resolvers work in my Ivy settings file. So,
ivysettings.xml file includes:

<url name="com.springsource.repository.bundles.external">
>     <ivy pattern="
> http://repository.springsource.com/ivy/bundles/external/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
> />
>     <artifact pattern="
> http://repository.springsource.com/ivy/bundles/external/[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
> />
> </url>

And my ivy.xml file includes:

<dependency org="org.junit"
>             name="com.springsource.org.junit"
>             rev="4.4.0" />
>

>From when I ran Ivy, I can tell that this resolves to:
http://repository.springsource.com/ivy/bundles/external/org.junit/com.springsource.org.junit/4.4.0/com.springsource.org.junit-sources-4.4.0.jar

So the resolutions go:

    [organization] => "org.junit"
    [module] => "com.springsource.org.junit"
    [revision] => "4.4.0"
    [artifact] => "com.springsource.org.junit-sources"
    [ext] => "jar"

I see how ivy resolves the [organization], [module], and [revision] in the
URL pattern (duh), but how does it resolve [artifact] and [ext]?

The documentation on the URL resolver [1] seems to be lacking.

I've also posted this question to the stackoverflow community [2]. If you'd
like, please answer there, as well as on the list. If you would rather not,
I hope it's OK if I copy your best responses to there.

Cheers,
Andrey

  [1]: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/resolver/url.html
  [2]: