ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Dekany <ddek...@freemail.hu>
Subject How to prevent "unknown resolver" errors?
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 16:47:09 GMT
I declared own cache for all resolvers that I use, and that solved
this problem for a while. But if I resolve something that is also in
the default cache of Ivy (I mean ${user.home}/.ivy2/cache) the project
pollutes or otherwise access it, and that will cause "unknown
resolver" errors again.

For example, I store ant#ant in my own repo, called "myResolver",
which uses its own cache. Still, if the default cache of Ivy also
contains ant#ant (same revision), when I ivy:resolve in my project,
${user.home}/.ivy2/cache/ant/ant/ivydata-[revision].properties is
modified so that it's last line will be resolver=myResolver. Thus,
when something else than my project uses the ${user.home}/.ivy2/cache
later to get ant#ant, I get a "unknown resolver myResolver" error. Why
does my project touch the default cache at all when I set a
project-specific cache for all resolvers that it uses?

--
Best regards,
 Daniel Dekany