ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Kent Larsson <kent.lars...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible bug in Ivy 2.0.0? I get undeterministic behavior.
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 21:07:53 GMT
Thank you! It worked. :-)

Can I give a feature request? Ivy could store which files it outputs
and if it overwrites a file it could at least give a warning that it
has done so. For these circumstances, when a pattern results in
overwritten files, it's always an error and if the project builds it's
pure luck? In that case a textual warning would be great, I would
stretch it so far as the build failing as something is obviously very
wrong.

Best regards, Kent

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 11:20 PM, Maarten Coene <maarten_coene@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think it's caused because Ivy automatically adds source and javadocs artifacts to the
maven modules if they are available. When you do the ivy:retrieve, you will also retrieve
these sources/javadocs, but your retrieve-pattern maps the sources/javadocs artifacts to the
same file as the artifact with the class-files.