ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Non-concurrent resolve hangs with artifact-lock enabled
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 23:44:17 GMT

Could you create a JIRA ticket for this and adding as much information as possible?
(like your settings.xml, build.xml, ant output, etc)

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Brown@compucredit.com>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 1:07:34 PM
Subject: RE: Non-concurrent resolve hangs with artifact-lock enabled

Bumping the topic...

-----Original Message-----
From: Brown, Carlton [mailto:Carlton.Brown@compucredit.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 12:56 PM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org

I'm trying to use artifact-lock strategy, and it's failing to get a lock
on one particular module at resolve time (which causes resolve to fail).

There are no concurrent operations on the cache as far as I can tell.
Can anybody give me a hint how to figure out this problem?   Here's my
verbose/debug output:

[ivy:resolve] No entry is found in the ModuleDescriptorCache :
/home/svcuser/ivy/cache/com.mycompany.mygroup/mymodule/ivy-3.0.10.01.xml
Resource org/apache/ivy/plugins/parser/xml/ivy.xsd loaded from ant
loader [ivy:resolve] pre 1.3 ivy file: using exactOrRegexp as default
matcher
ivy:resolve]     found ivy file in cache for
com.mycompany.mygroup#mymodule;3.0.10.01 (resolved by final-staging):
/home/svcuser/ivy/cache/com.mycompany.mygroup/mymodule/ivy-3.0.10.01.xml
[ivy:resolve] release-resolver: module revision found in cache:
com.mycompany.mygroup#mymodule;3.0.10.01
[ivy:resolve] don't use cache for
com.mycompany.mygroup#mymodule;latest.integration: checkModified=true
[ivy:resolve]         tried
/nfs/relmgt/artifact-repositories/rc-mycomp/com/mycompany/mygroup/mymodu
le/[revision]/ivy.xml
[ivy:resolve]     listing all in
/nfs/relmgt/artifact-repositories/rc-mycomp/com/mycompany/mygroup/mymodu
le/[revision]/ivy.xml
[ivy:resolve]     using rc-mycomp-staging-forced to list all in
/nfs/relmgt/artifact-repositories/rc-mycomp/com/mycompany/mygroup/mymodu
le/
[ivy:resolve]         found 3 resources
[ivy:resolve]     found revs: [3.0.10.01, 3.0.10.02, 3.0.10.03]
[ivy:resolve]     rc-mycomp-staging-forced: found md file for
com.mycompany.mygroup#mymodule;latest.integration
[ivy:resolve]         =>
/nfs/relmgt/artifact-repositories/rc-mycomp/com/mycompany/mygroup/mymodu
le/3.0.10.03/ivy.xml (3.0.10.03)
[ivy:resolve]     parser = ivy parser
[ivy:resolve] ERROR: impossible to acquire lock for
com.mycompany.mygroup#mymodule;3.0.10.03

Again, it is only for this specific module.   Other modules appear to
resolve just fine.

Here's what I'm doing with caches... it's very clear that the problem is
artifact-lock, because I don't get the hanging behavior when I comment
out that attribute.

    <caches default="${ivy.default.cache}" checkUpToDate="true">
        <cache name="cache-userhome"
                useOrigin="${ivy.useorigin}"

                basedir="${user.home}/ivy/cache"
                lockStrategy="artifact-lock"/>
    </caches>

This message contains PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL information that is
intended only for use by the named recipient. If you are not the named
recipient, any disclosure, dissemination, or action based on the
contents of this message is prohibited. In such case please notify us
and destroy and delete all copies of this transmission.  Thank you.