ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: IvyDE - Is it possible to have it download sources & javadocs?
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 18:57:27 GMT

Le 13 mars 09 à 17:26, Kent Larsson a écrit :

> It's "Ivy 2.0.0 (20090108225011) -- IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1" and I'm using
> Eclipse Ganymede. It's the same for all libraries under ivy.xml [*],
> they all have an empty Javadoc location and some have source filled in
> (the ones who has source). Yet it works, I see the Javadoc if I hoover
> over elements in the Java editor, and it's not something I've setup
> myself. Strange?

So that is "expected".
Your are unsing the last release of IvyDE. The source are being
attached correctly, and so Eclipse is capable to compute the javadoc
and display them in the views. But due to a bug the published jars of
the javadocs are not attached correctly. For the jar that have
sources, it won't affect your use. But for the moodule that have only
the jar and the javadoc and no source published, you won't see
anything in the javadoc views.

The bug has been fixed in the trunk, and so the fix will be available
on the next release of IvyDE.

Nicolas

> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 9:51 AM, Nicolas Lalevée
> <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org> wrote:
>> On jeudi 12 mars 2009 19:31:41 Kent Larsson wrote:
>>> Ah, I thought it would work attaching them. But I guess it did not.
>>>
>>> :-) Sorry for that!
>>>
>>> Here is a link to the image: http://i39.tinypic.com/4lioo2.png
>>
>> So the javadoc is not attached. Which IvyDE exact version you are
>> working with
>> ? You will find versions on the top of the IvyDE global preference
>> page.
>>
>> Nicolas

is very
suppose as

> [...]