ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Kirby Files <kfi...@masergy.com>
Subject Re: [ivyde] WorkspaceResolver
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 16:09:40 GMT
Nicolas Lalevée wrote on 03/25/2009 11:29 AM:
> The worksapce resolver implemented in the beta1 is a sort of workaround. The
> process implemented is to launch a normal resolve. Then if some of the
> resolved dependency is mathing the organization name and module name of some
> project in your Eclipse workspace, then IvyDE will switch the resolved jar by
> the Eclipse project.
> So if you don't have any build of your dependency, it cannot work because the
> first normal resolve will fail.

Even with that limitation, I'm excited by the new feature. It's very
nice to have changes in my project dependencies reflected immediately.

Some downsides: it causes a resolve of every project in the workspace,
which can be quite slow at times. I'm getting much more careful about
closing projects which I don't need for my current work. It also makes
figuring out the cause of the "X" error icon on a project a little
trickier, as it can now indicate a problem in a dependency. The
Problems View is getting much more use.

Thanks for implementing that. Once we also have a plugin for ant
classpath contribution of ivy, the integration into Eclipse will be
very nice.

Thanks,
   --kirby