ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Kirby Files <kfi...@masergy.com>
Subject Re: How to prevent "unknown resolver" errors?
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 13:15:01 GMT
Daniel Dekany wrote on 03/11/2009 08:04 AM:
> Dies Ivy support using multiple ivysettings.xml-s under the same
> user-account at all?
>
> I tried a workaround to prevent the "unknown resolver"-s (even if they
> are not terminating, they flood the Bamboo error log), and it shed
> light on something even more worrisome. But first to recap, the issue
> is that I use multiple ivysettings.xml in the same user account (on
> the same computer), so they seem to conflict in
> ${user.home}/.ivy2/cache, causing tons of non-terminating "unknown
> resolver" errors when switching between the ivysettings.xml-s.

Sure, use the ivy:settings task to load a particular settings before
you resolve. For example:

   <target name="init-ivy" depends="load-ivy">
     <ivy:settings id="local.settings"
                   file="${settings.dir}/ivysettings-local.xml"
                   />
     <ivy:settings id="shared.settings"
                   file="${settings.dir}/ivysettings-shared.xml"
                   />
     <ivy:settings id="masergy.settings"
                   file="${settings.dir}/ivysettings-masrep.xml"
                   />
     </target>

Then you can reference any of these settings:

<ivy:resolve settingsRef="masergy.settings" ... />

I don't have any insight into the problems you are describing. The
best thing for getting help on problems like that is to reduce it to
the smallest possible test case, and then post all configurations to
the list (ivysettings.xml, ivy.xml, build.xml...)

Thanks,
---
Kirby Files
Software Architect