ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "THARP, JOSHUA L, ATTCORP" <jlth...@att.com>
Subject Beginner questions on revisions
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 15:45:24 GMT
My background: I'm brand new to Ivy, but I have quite a bit of
experience with CruiseControl and Ant.

I have been working to set up an Ivy repository on my CI box, but I have
been having difficulty with some points. I hope you can help. I've been
using the documentation and searching the mailing list, but a lot of the
information I have found was for an older version of Ivy, and many of
the elements and attributes are no longer in use.

What I want to do is this:

1.	I would like builds on individual developer's systems to use
something like the -SNAPSHOT mechanism in Maven.
2.	I would like builds on my CI platform (using CruiseControl) to
have only numbered revisions. (Something like major.minor.build).
3.	I would like to periodically increment the major and/or minor
build number.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Josh