ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "riki.eng" <riki....@inbox.com>
Subject Updating local cache using timestamp/checksum
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 22:34:00 GMT

Hi guys,

use case:
I have a remote repo that I access via an http resolver. When I run a
resolve we cache the jars and the ivy files locally. For some reason, I need
to change the ivy files on the repo. Next time I run a resolve, the modified
files are updated.

I was wondering if it is possible in ivy to update the cache with a newer
version, if available in the remote repo. Basically, when I change an ivy
file (or jar) in the repo, I would like to see it changing locally. Even
though I am caching, we could check against the timestamp of the cached
files and download them only if they have changed since.
Another option could be use checksum for the same purpose.

I understand that in a "perfect" repo I wouldn't modify existing files, but
things are not always clean when they are added to it so we might need to
get back to them.

Any idea would be appreciated!
Riccardo