ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Sam Berlin <sber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: rereport, exclude dependencies
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 15:45:16 GMT
Are you able to share your ant task, Nascif?  I managed to hack up a
very custom XSL file [1] that includes only the organization I'm
looking for, but it's a complete hack & it doesn't lend itself to
other things I'd like to implement too.

Sam

[1] https://www.limewire.org/fisheye/browse/~raw,r=1.2/limecvs/lib/jars/ant/ivy-limewire-dot.xsl

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 9:53 PM, Nascif Abousalh-Neto
<Nascif.AbousalhNeto@sas.com> wrote:
> The problem with the XSL approach is that you will still produce and iterate over all
the repo interdependencies, even the ones you don't care about. My experience is that for
a large repo, and specially if you are using a resource-heavy resolver like HTTP, this will
kill your build performance before you can get to the XSL task.

> Another major problem IMHO with the current rereport is that it doesn't take advantage
of the download option in the ResolveOptions API. So when you run this query you will effectively
download *all* the artifaces in your repositiory (for their latest versions) - just to get
their metadata to figure out the dependency graph. A huge wast of time and disk space.