ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Sam Berlin <sber...@gmail.com>
Subject changing=true?
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 16:50:23 GMT
Hi Folks,

We check-in the latest jars to CVS in a lib/jars location.  Some jars
have version numbers, others don't.  I have the ivysettings file with
a resolver like:

	    <filesystem name="cvslib">
	        <artifact pattern="${lib.jars}/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"/>
	        <artifact pattern="${lib.jars}/[artifact].[ext]"/>
	    </filesystem>

My question is:  If someone checks in a new jar to CVS (without a
revision), will Ivy know to get the latest jar from lib/jars, or will
it use the cached one?

Do I have to have the filesystem resolver have checkmodified=true?
What if that resolver is part of a chain and the chain has
checkmodified=true?  Is that enough?  Do the dependency listings in
the various ivy.xml files have to have changing=true too?

Thanks in advance,
 Sam