ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Dekany <ddek...@freemail.hu>
Subject Re: How to prevent "unknown resolver" errors?
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:04:25 GMT
Dies Ivy support using multiple ivysettings.xml-s under the same
user-account at all?

I tried a workaround to prevent the "unknown resolver"-s (even if they
are not terminating, they flood the Bamboo error log), and it shed
light on something even more worrisome. But first to recap, the issue
is that I use multiple ivysettings.xml in the same user account (on
the same computer), so they seem to conflict in
${user.home}/.ivy2/cache, causing tons of non-terminating "unknown
resolver" errors when switching between the ivysettings.xml-s. And the
workaround I tried: I added dummy resolvers to all ivysettings.xml-s
with the names that Ivy misses. The result was that instead of just
logging "unknown resolver" errors now Ivy failed (terminated) saying
that a dependency is not found. I don't know if you get the oddity of
this: *adding* new resolvers to an existing set of resolvers suddenly
made dependencies missing. That's despite that those newly added
resolvers are in principle out of the search chain, all modules are
explicitly associated to other resolvers in ivysettings.xml. This is
really strange.

I'm using Ivy 2.0.0.

--
Best regards,