ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nascif Abousalh-Neto <Nascif.AbousalhN...@sas.com>
Subject RE: rereport, exclude dependencies
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 01:53:22 GMT
The problem with the XSL approach is that you will still produce and iterate over all the repo
interdependencies, even the ones you don't care about. My experience is that for a large repo,
and specially if you are using a resource-heavy resolver like HTTP, this will kill your build
performance before you can get to the XSL task.

Another major problem IMHO with the current rereport is that it doesn't take advantage of
the download option in the ResolveOptions API. So when you run this query you will effectively
download *all* the artifaces in your repositiory (for their latest versions) - just to get
their metadata to figure out the dependency graph. A huge wast of time and disk space.

I ended up coding my own version where I exposed most of the ResolveOptions API.

From: Archie Cobbs [archie.cobbs@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 9:43 PM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: rereport, exclude dependencies

This is specific to Ivy RoundUp, and so may not be useful to you, but anyway
here is an XSL that we use to generate dependency graphs:

  http://ivyroundup.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/src/xsl/modgraph.xsl

You would have to hack on it. It requires the existence of a modules.xml
"directory" file.

FWIW.

-Archie

--