ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Dekany <ddek...@freemail.hu>
Subject Re: Chain resolver chaos with local dependency overrides
Date Sun, 08 Mar 2009 19:32:14 GMT
Sunday, March 8, 2009, 8:06:21 PM, Gilles Scokart wrote:

> I do somthing similar.  When a developper has finish to play with a local
> dependency he must clean his local repository, clean his cache and
> re-execute a resolve.
> Not very nice, but in my context it seems to be OK (we rarely have to play
> with local dependencies).

I was nicer, and developers can issue 'ant publish-override' and 'ant
unpublish-override' in all projects (sub-projects), without
understanding much about what's going on. But it's implemented in a
dirty way. For one, it deletes from a cache with Ant <delete>... and I
guess I could avoid all those dirty things if Ivy works properly.

Anyway, if anyone else needs this, let it be in the mail archives...
Public Domain, I did it like this:

--- The ivysettings.xml: ---

    <ivysettings>
        <!-- Include Ivy default resolver chain: -->
        <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings.xml" />
        <caches>
            <cache name="YOURCOMPANY-devel-cache" basedir="${user.home}/.ivy2/YOURCOMPANY-devel-cache"
/>
            <cache name="YOURCOMPANY-devel-local-override-cache" basedir="${user.home}/.ivy2/YOURCOMPANY-devel-local-override-cache"
/>
        </caches>
        <resolvers>
            <url name="zeroturnaround" m2compatible="true" cache="YOURCOMPANY-devel-cache">
                <artifact pattern="http://repos.zeroturnaround.com/maven2/org/zeroturnaround/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
/>
            </url>
            <chain name="YOURCOMPANY-devel" returnFirst="true">
                <filesystem name="YOURCOMPANY-devel-local-override" cache="YOURCOMPANY-devel-local-override-cache">
                    <ivy pattern="${user.home}/.ivy2/YOURCOMPANY-devel-local-override/[organisation]/[module]/ivy-[revision].xml"
/>
                    <artifact pattern="${user.home}/.ivy2/YOURCOMPANY-devel-local-override/[organisation]/[module]/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
/>
                </filesystem>
                <url name="YOURCOMPANY-devel-webserver" cache="YOURCOMPANY-devel-cache">
                    <ivy pattern="https://YOURCOMPANY.com/repos/ivy/[organisation]/[module]/ivy-[revision].xml"
/>
                    <artifact pattern="http://YOURCOMPANY.org/repos/ivy/[organisation]/[module]/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
/>
                </url>
            </chain>
        </resolvers>
        <modules>
            <module organisation="com.YOURCOMPANY" resolver="YOURCOMPANY-devel" />
            <!-- com.open.YOURCOMPANY stable releases are on Ibiblio *only*:  -->
            <module organisation="com.open.YOURCOMPANY" revision="(.*branch-head.*)|(latest\.(integration|nightly|dev))"
resolver="YOURCOMPANY-devel" />

            <!-- These are not available in public resolvers, or are outdated: -->
            <module organisation="com.thaiopensource" name="jing" resolver="YOURCOMPANY-devel"
/>
            <module organisation="javax.servlet.jsp" name="jsp-api" revision="1.2" resolver="YOURCOMPANY-devel"
/>

            <!-- Not on Ibiblio: -->
            <module organisation="org.zeroturnaround" resolver="zeroturnaround" />
        </modules>
    </ivysettings>

--- In Ant build.xml: ---

    <target name="publish-override" depends="jar"
            description="Ivy-publishes this project locally as an override"

        <ivy:publish
                organisation="${moduleOrg}" module="${moduleName}"
                pubrevision="${moduleBranch}-branch-head"
                overwrite="true" forcedeliver="true"
                resolver="YOURCOMPANY-devel-local-override"

            <artifacts pattern="build/artifacts/[artifact].[ext]" />
        </ivy:publish>
        <echo>*** Don't forget to `ant unpublish-override` later! ***</echo>
    </target>

    <target name="unpublish-override" description="Undoes publish-override">
        <delete dir="${user.home}/.ivy2/YOURCOMPANY-devel-local-override/${moduleOrg}/${moduleName}"
/>
        <delete dir="${user.home}/.ivy2/YOURCOMPANY-devel-local-override-cache/${moduleOrg}/${moduleName}"
/>
    </target>

    <target name="uninstall"
            description="Deletes external files created by YOURCOMPANY developement">
        <delete dir="${user.home}/.ivy2/YOURCOMPANY-devel-cache" />

--
Best regards,
 Daniel Dekany