ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Gilles Scokart <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Debugging ivy code within an ant script
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 12:09:45 GMT
I just pushed to antunit something that could help you to do that.  It
is an adapter between JUnit and AntUnit.  With this feature, you can
write a Junit Test class that when executed (from an IDE debuger for
instance) will run an AntUnit script.

All you have to do is :
- Add a target 'testXXXX' using the task you want to debug (so your
ant script is now an AntUnit script.
- Write a simple Junit Test using AntUnitSuite (see
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/antlibs/antunit/trunk/src/tests/junit/org/apache/ant/antunit/junit3/EatYourOwnDogFoodTest.java
for an example).
- Debug it with your favorite debugger like you would debug any JUnit test.

Of curse, you can also get all the benefits of AntUnit : You testXXX
is now an automated test in which you can use different ant oriented
assert.

The code is really fresh and still needs some tuning, but if you want
to give it a try...

Gilles Scokart