ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Louis BOUDART <jeanlouis.boud...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: /ivy-module/dependencies/include exists?
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 10:14:42 GMT
As far as i know this feature is not yet implemented but there is an open
issue related to this https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-742

I've made a small patch as a POC that allow you to extends ivy files.

<extends organisation="foobar" module="child"
revision="latest.integration" location="../ivy.xml"
extendType="configurations,dependencies"/>

 Location defines where ivy should look on filesystem before asking
repository. This attribute is not mandatory. By default this attribute is
set to "../ivy.xml"

extendType attribute defines what you want to include. This is not a
mandatory attribute.
possible values for extendType :

   - all
   - configurations
   - dependencies
   - description

But what will happen when we publish/deliver such an ivy.xml file? Will we
publish/deliver it with the extends element in it, or will we
publish/deliver the merged result?

Currently the patch publish with the extends element in it :/
Publishing merged metadata is much cleaner and safer.  That's why this is
not yet included in ivy.

I hope i will have time work on it soon.

Cheers!