ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: Problems downloading the Spring Framework: Ivy 2.0.0
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 09:48:49 GMT

Get all deps from the Spring repo. Just search for log4j here:

             Tyler Kocheran
             04/02/2009 19:48                                           cc
             Please respond to         Re: Problems downloading the Spring
             ivy-user@ant.apac         Framework: Ivy 2.0.0

OK. I'm starting to get the jist of Ivy now. Next on my dependency most
wanted list is log4j. I can't seem to get that library. Is there a way for
me to reenable the resolver?

Are there any tutorials out there for finding good resolvers on the web? It
seems the main problem with Ivy is not having all of the correct resolvers.

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Kirby Files <> wrote:

> Tyler Kocheran wrote on 02/04/2009 01:57 PM:
>> The error actually turned out to be in this line:
>> <dependency org="org.springframework"
>> name="org.springframework.spring-library" rev="2.5.6.A" />
>> If I change that line to something else that's a real package, like
>> "org.springframework.orm", it works. How do I download the entire Spring
>> Framework, though? If I can't figure that out, whatever, I have Ivy
>> working... finally :)
> Good. I've used the org.springframework.core module to retrieve the main
> framework before.
>  How do I specify an output folder for Ivy to copy the jars to, ie make
>> dump 'em to my /lib folder? And do I need to set up a filesystem
>> take advantage of caching or is that necessary?
> Generally, you do that with the ivy:retrieve task like so:
>    <target name="retrieve" depends="resolve" description="--> retrieve
> to /lib">
>        <ivy:retrieve haltonfailure="true" conf="build" sync="true"/>
>    </target>
> It will, by default, install to ${basedir}/lib, but you can override this
> by changing the ivy.lib.dir property, or setting:
>  pattern="${lib.dir}/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
> on the above retrieve task.
> Thanks,
>  --kirby

And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of
for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed.

Security System.

Target is a trading name of Target Group Limited,
registered in England and Wales No. 1208137
Registered office:  Target House, Cowbridge Road East, Cardiff CF11 9AU

If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy,
distribute or take any action or reliance upon it.
The content of this message may also contain personal
views of an employee of this company and does
not necessarily represent the view of the company.
This message has been scanned by Norton Anti-Virus.
It has also been scanned by MAILsweeper to enforce our e-mail
policy. If you have any concerns or comments about the content
of this message, please  e-mail