ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Becheanu, Daniel" <>
Subject RE: /ivy-module/dependencies/include exists?
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:26:28 GMT
You can setup a base project with your dependency and use it for the rest of your projects
as "master" making sure you are pulling it with its dependencies.

	Project Master will depend on spring/commons.
	Project A will depend on Master hence will inherit spring/commons.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Julien []
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 12:26 PM
Subject: /ivy-module/dependencies/include exists?

in ivy.xml, I would like to be able to share dependencies across several
internal modules.  For example, they all use, say, commons-logging and
guice.  I don't want to have to configure, for example, the 'rev' in n
different places.  I want to specify the version in one place and have
them all use that version.

The solution I am using now is to put the versions for various 3rd party
libs in a properties file, and using <properties> in my ivy settings file.

But I would love to be able to <include> an external <dependency> file,
much like I am currently <include>'ing a <configuration> file which
specifies the various <conf>s and 'defaultconfmapping'.

Please reply to me, I am not subscribed to this list.

-Tim Julien

View raw message