ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Becheanu, Daniel" <dbeche...@cars.com>
Subject RE: /ivy-module/dependencies/include exists?
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:26:28 GMT
You can setup a base project with your dependency and use it for the rest of your projects
as "master" making sure you are pulling it with its dependencies.

Ex:
	Project Master will depend on spring/commons.
	Project A will depend on Master hence will inherit spring/commons.

Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Julien [mailto:tjulien@limewire.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 12:26 PM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: /ivy-module/dependencies/include exists?

in ivy.xml, I would like to be able to share dependencies across several
internal modules.  For example, they all use, say, commons-logging and
guice.  I don't want to have to configure, for example, the 'rev' in n
different places.  I want to specify the version in one place and have
them all use that version.

The solution I am using now is to put the versions for various 3rd party
libs in a properties file, and using <properties> in my ivy settings file.

But I would love to be able to <include> an external <dependency> file,
much like I am currently <include>'ing a <configuration> file which
specifies the various <conf>s and 'defaultconfmapping'.

Please reply to me, I am not subscribed to this list.

thx!

-Tim Julien