ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Mitch Gitman <mgit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1 does not download sources nor javadocs
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:48:30 GMT
Dmitriy, I appreciate your testimony that this is a powerful feature. But am
I understanding correctly from Nicolas et al that as of beta1 this feature
is now disabled? And if that's the case, shouldn't the whole "Classpath
container configuration" section of the IvyDE plugin preferences page go
away? What am I missing here?

This goes back to the following statement from Nicolas: "So the fix in your
issue is to just declare the source and javadoc in your ivy.xml files in
your repository."

But what does declaring the source and Javadoc in your ivy.xml bring you in
terms of automatic IvyDE support in Eclipse?

Here's what I would expect Nicolas's statement to imply. In your ivy.xml,
you would declare configurations with names like source and javadoc. Then in
your IvyDE preferences page, you would have the opportunity to specify those
configuration names. Then voilà, Eclipse would automatically open the
artifacts associated with those configurations, provided they still had the
expected types, i.e. source and javadoc.

Using this Ivy-centric approach would also make it trivially easy to support
Dmitriy's feature request: "for example to associate a single source ZIP
with multiple JAR artifacts."

I have to plead guilty to not having read the documentation. For some
reason, it hadn't occurred to me to even seek out a documentation page for
IvyDE:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/history/latest-milestone/index.html