ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Mitch Gitman <mgit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1 does not download sources nor javadocs
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 17:47:23 GMT
Nicolas, I'm trying to understand the impact of this change. Suppose an Ivy
module publishes artifacts for source and Javadoc. Presumably, there are
"source" and "javadoc" Ivy configurations, or the like.

I don't quite see the relevance then of the following fields in the Ivy
plugin configuration for Eclipse:

   - Sources types
   - Sources suffixes
   - Javadoc types
   - Javadoc suffixes

Can you offer a use case where these fields are still being used to look for
something? I should also ask, what does "Sources types" (with a possible
value like "source") mean?

I must confess, I've never used this feature myself to begin with. Whenever
Eclipse would complain that it could not find the source for a class, I
would just click the button and manually navigate to the source ZIP on the
enterprise repository. Clumsy, I'll admit, but I wasn't aware of a better
way.

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 7:12 AM, Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org