ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Kent Larsson <>
Subject How do I get optional "indirect" dependencies?
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2009 22:14:19 GMT

I've posted a related post about this, but since I now think I've got
a clue about what is going wrong I'm posting again with a more
specific problem description.

I need to get two dependencies which are set as
<optional>true</optional> so I'm asking, how do I do it?

If the only solution is looking in the POM-file and manually adding
dependencies I need which are set as optional, then I strongly suggest
Ivy to implement some support for them. The reason is that these
dependencies are only there as a side effect of some other dependency,
if I remove the dependency which has optional dependencies then I want
those gone as well.

My example is hibernate-core:

       <!-- optional deps for bytecode providers until those are
finally properly scoped -->

Those two dependencies are really not optional at all. I don't
understand the comment and what needs to be scoped, but they are
needed for a functional Hibernate setup.

I really hope someone answers as I don't know where else to turn. As
users of Hibernate which are using Maven2 doesn't complain all over
the Internet about this I suspect it has something to do with Ivy.

This is how I currently get Hibernate core:

		<dependency org="org.hibernate" name="hibernate-core" rev="3.3.1.GA"

Best regards and thank you for reading,
Kent Larsson

View raw message