ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Alan Chaney <a...@writingshow.com>
Subject using ivy:install and ignoring 'optional' transitive dependencies
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 16:08:11 GMT
Hi

I'm attempting to build an 'enterprise' repository with Eclipse3.4
/ivy2.0.0/and ivyIde.2 beta.

Our setup has three major web projects and 10 or so sub-projects (some
shared between different main projects.)

I'm trying to use ivy:install. If I set transitive="false" then it works
as expected and I can install required libraries in our master
repository. All well and good. If I then also set transitive="false" in
the ivy.xml files I can at least resolve for compilation the various
libraries.

Of course nothing can actually be run because numerous dependencies are
missing. Some larger projects like Spring and Hibernate have a lot of
dependencies marked in the Maven POMs as 'optional'. What I would like
to do is to set transitive="true" in the ivy:install and then install
only those dependencies  NOT marked as optional (and transitively the
'not optional' dependencies of dependencies.) A

Is there any simple way to do this in Ivy? And, without trying to sound
petulant, why not? It seems an extremely useful thing to be able to do.
So much so, that I'm prepared to offer to extend/modify/improve on
ivy:install because I've wasted hours trying to find some
straightforward method of only installing what is necessary and so far
the only solution appears to be just 'doing it by hand'.

I've noticed that the Ivy xml files for each project appear to have
identified and created 'optional' configurations so it would seem that
one way of doing it is to be able to specify configurations that should
be included or excluded when undertaking the install as either an
attribute to ivy:install or as 'include' or 'exclude' elements.

Thanks in advance

Alan Chaney