ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Korobskiy <dkro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1 does not download sources nor javadocs
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:47:56 GMT
Nicolas,

you can easily check whether source or Javadoc attachment happened:

- expand Ivy container and find the main artifact JAR
- right-click to Properties (or Alt-Enter)
- see whether the source zip is attached or not
- see if Javadoc location specifies "Javadoc in archive"

I do see Javadocs attachments working in my IDE. Make sure that your JAR
with attached Javadoc comes first in the Build classpath order.
When sources *or* Javadocs are attached, Eclipse makes use of it in the
following places:

1. Tooltip - hover over a library method

2. Javadoc view. If neither source nor Javadoc is attached, you'd see a
message:
/Note: This element neither has attached source nor attached Javadoc and
hence no Javadoc could be found./

When Javadocs are attached, you can also use them in :
3. Shift+F2 - browse external Javadoc which is very handy.

--
DK
AIM: DKroot1, Skype: DKroot