ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Korobskiy <dkro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1 does not download sources nor javadocs
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 18:10:14 GMT
Mitch,

this is a killer feature that I like a lot. I think it could be a big
selling point for Ivy. Not sure if Maven Eclipse plugins
could achieve that - does anybody know?

Imagine just one developer setting up ivy.xml and all team members
getting it from SCM, doing couple of clicks, and - voilà,
all JARs are on the classpath, all or most have source code and Javadocs
attached. You can then browse through all of source
code with ease and just hover over a method to see its full Javadoc.

Ah, if only IvyDE can attach Javadocs successfully. I'm yet to see it.
I have a dream... (sorry for a possible sacrilege).

Regarding types and suffixes - IvyDE docs explain it. They are needed to
attach these artifacts to a main JAR artifact.
I wonder if this configuration could be more flexible in the future -
for example to associate a single source ZIP with multiple JAR artifacts,
or specify a subdirectories as source or Javadoc roots.
For now, I can live with repackaging to resolove these issues.

--
DK
AIM: DKroot1, Skype: DKroot