ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Kirby Files <kfi...@masergy.com>
Subject Re: Problems downloading the Spring Framework: Ivy 2.0.0
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 19:21:31 GMT
Tyler Kocheran wrote on 02/04/2009 01:57 PM:
> The error actually turned out to be in this line:
> <dependency org="org.springframework"
> name="org.springframework.spring-library" rev="2.5.6.A" />
>
> If I change that line to something else that's a real package, like
> "org.springframework.orm", it works. How do I download the entire Spring
> Framework, though? If I can't figure that out, whatever, I have Ivy
> working... finally :)

Good. I've used the org.springframework.core module to retrieve the
main framework before.

> How do I specify an output folder for Ivy to copy the jars to, ie make it
> dump 'em to my /lib folder? And do I need to set up a filesystem resolver to
> take advantage of caching or is that necessary?

Generally, you do that with the ivy:retrieve task like so:

     <target name="retrieve" depends="resolve" description="-->
retrieve jars to /lib">
         <ivy:retrieve haltonfailure="true" conf="build" sync="true"/>
     </target>

It will, by default, install to ${basedir}/lib, but you can override
this by changing the ivy.lib.dir property, or setting:
   pattern="${lib.dir}/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
on the above retrieve task.

Thanks,

   --kirby