ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Marziou, Gael" <gael.marz...@hp.com>
Subject RE: IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1 does not download sources nor javadocs
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 14:20:13 GMT

> What has been removed in beta1 is the use case where in the
> ivy.xml the sources are not declared. So IvyDE was trying
> itself without the Ivy API to get some sources, based on the
> "source suffixes".
> I think reenabling this feature will be a waste of http
> connection resources and so responsiveness for some
> incomplete ivy.xml.

Well, I think it's unfortunate that this behaviour was removed because that was one of the
reasons I "sold" Ivy to my team.
What about making it optional if you are concerned by performance?

Also, being forced to edit the ivy.xml to add sources and javadocs is not very user friendly
especially when you are using a maven proxy like Nexus or Artifactory. In this situation,
most of the users will rely on the retrieved pom and may not want to create an ivy.xml just
for getting javadocs and sources added to their Eclipse build path.

Thanks,

Gael