ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Marziou, Gael" <gael.marz...@hp.com>
Subject RE: IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1 does not download sources nor javadocs
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 16:18:44 GMT
> I'd be curious how you were able to download the source and
> Javadoc in the first place. I'm not the best expert on what
> has changed with IvyDE, but ultimately, the Eclipse IvyDE is
> just an interface to Ivy, so it's a matter of making sure
> that, for a given module, you have a configuration that
> obtains the source and Javadoc.

We manage our own artifact repository.
In my understanding, downloading the sources and javadocs for a module is a feature of IvyDE
not Ivy, it does not require any specific configuration, it does rely only on classifier extension.
This was working well in IvyDE alpha1.

> If I may ask, what is the Ivy module or dependency for which
> you're trying to download the source and Javadoc? And could
> you show the ivy.xml file for that module? (I'm guessing you
> may not know this.)

The dependency was on Wicket but I could reproduce the issue with any module that was working
with alpha1.
I attached the ivy.xml but frankly I doubt it'll help.

> Also, could you right-click on your Eclipse project? Select Build
> Path->Configure Build Path. Select the Libraries tab. Click
> on the entry
> Path->for
> your project's ivy.xml file and click Edit. What are the
> names of the configurations you have checked? Or are any
> checked? It is these configurations that are going to need a
> path to get to the configurations for your dependencies that
> expose their source or Javadoc.

It depends of the project I'm looking at, some of them are using [*], some of them are using
[eclipse] configuration that we have defined.

Gael