ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject bug fixed
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 18:44:16 GMT
I have not upgraded to the latest ivy 2.0 yet, but have a question.  The version I am currently
using was built from source a while ago, can't remember when.  The bug I find is this:

C depends on D
A depends on C (non-transitively)
B depends on C
E depends on A and B

    A      B

so you get the above diamond problem.  My problem is the conflict resolution at C combined
with the non-transitive dependency between A and C.  If A depends on a newer C than B does,
conflict management takes the most recent C via A, but then the non-transitive nature of that
dependency wins and I get NO D at all.  D is still needed by B so I get missing dependencies.
 I don't think non-transitive dependencies should prevent transitive dependencies from being
retrieved if another transitive path is available that need those dependencies.  Is this considered
a bug and is it fixed in the latest IVY 2.0?  If this is not a bug, what do I do to fix this?

---
Shawn Castrianni

and delete all copies of this message.