ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Raman Gupta <rocketra...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: Generated ivy.xml line endings on windows
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 05:25:29 GMT

David Crossley wrote:

> Raman Gupta wrote:
>>
>> We have a project with mixed clients, linux and windows. Therefore we
>> have a
>> policy of svn:eol-style LF on our XML checkins to keep everything
>> consistent.
>
> We do it differently:
>
> 1) svn:eol-style native for all text files.
>
> [...snip...]

Thanks David. In fact, this is our exact policy for all text files except
for ivy*.xml. Why not ivy*.xml files? Because ivy*.xml files have md5 and/or
sha1 hashes associated with them by default. Since eol-style native checks
out files differently on windows and 'nix, the md5/sha1 sums are only
correct some of the time. Hence our decision to require eol-style LF for
ivy*.xml. However, as I described, even this does not work when the ivy file
is generated (via "deliver") on windows, since the md5/sha1 sums are
calculated based on inconsistent line endings. Our work-around for now is to
use svn:mime-type=application/octet-stream for ivy*.xml, which is silly, but
so far seems to work.

Cheers,
Raman