ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Raman Gupta <rocketra...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Generated ivy.xml line endings on windows
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 22:52:54 GMT

We have a project with mixed clients, linux and windows. Therefore we have a
policy of svn:eol-style LF on our XML checkins to keep everything
consistent.

The problem is that on publish IVY 2.0.0 on windows generates ivy.xml files
with mixed line feeds, and calculates the md5 and sha1 sums based on those
mixed line endings. Subversion of course modifies the line endings upon
checkin, with the immediate result of breaking the hashes in the repository.

I haven't looked at the code, but I suspect the behavior of the mixed line
feeds is most likely from an XML writer rather than IVY itself. Regardless,
shouldn't IVY regularize the line feeds before generating the sums? Perhaps
this could be an option on "deliver" to maintain the earlier behavior by
default.

If people agree, I can create an entry in the issue tracker for this.

Cheers,
Raman Gupta