ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From samlai <syc...@gmail.com>
Subject How to use Ivy and Ant to build RCP update site project?
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 22:22:11 GMT

An Eclipse RCP update site directory structure looks as followed:

update_site
  |- features
    |- com.foo.core.feature_1.0.0.jar
    |- com.foo.core.feature_1.0.1.jar
    |- com.foo.core.feature_1.0.2.jar
    |- com.foo.core.feature_2.0.0a.jar
    |- com.foo.core.feature_2.0.0b.jar
    |- com.foo.core.feature_2.0.1.jar
  |- plugins
    |- com.foo.core_1.0.0.jar
    |- com.foo.core_1.0.1.jar
    |- com.foo.core_1.0.2.jar
    |- com.foo.core_2.0.0a.jar
    |- com.foo.core_2.0.0b.jar
    |- com.foo.core_2.0.1.jar
  |- <etc stuff>

In my ivy.xml, I'd like to specify the dependencies to be all versions of
"com.foo.core.feature" and "com.foo.core".  Also, I'd like to have a way to
specify retrieving the "com.foo.core.feature" dependencies to the "features"
directory and "com.foo.core" dependencies to the "plugins" directory.

Question 1:  How to specify the dependencies to be all versions of a module
without explicitly specify every version?

Question 1:  How to specify either in build.xml or ivy.xml to retrieve a
certain modules to a certain directory?

Thanks a lot.