ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Generated ivy.xml line endings on windows
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 02:07:53 GMT
Raman Gupta wrote:

> We have a project with mixed clients, linux and windows. Therefore we have a
> policy of svn:eol-style LF on our XML checkins to keep everything
> consistent.

We do it differently:

1) svn:eol-style native for all text files.

2) encourage all committers to configure their subversion clients.
e.g. http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html#https-svn-config

3) a committer on UNIX then does a sweep through the svn repo
to find line-endings problems and fixes any issues using dos2unix.
Also ensure eol-style settings. This needs to be done regularly
due to committers not configuring their svn client.

That ensures that source data is correct for the OS that is
generating the files.

I don't yet use Ivy so cannot comment, but i wonder if that
might be the cause.

-David