ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: IvyDE 2.0.0.beta1 does not download sources nor javadocs
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 10:52:00 GMT
On mercredi 11 février 2009 20:47:56 Dmitriy Korobskiy wrote:
> Nicolas,
>
> you can easily check whether source or Javadoc attachment happened:
>
> - expand Ivy container and find the main artifact JAR
> - right-click to Properties (or Alt-Enter)
> - see whether the source zip is attached or not
> - see if Javadoc location specifies "Javadoc in archive"
>
> I do see Javadocs attachments working in my IDE. Make sure that your JAR
> with attached Javadoc comes first in the Build classpath order.
> When sources *or* Javadocs are attached, Eclipse makes use of it in the
> following places:
>
> 1. Tooltip - hover over a library method
>
> 2. Javadoc view. If neither source nor Javadoc is attached, you'd see a
> message:
> /Note: This element neither has attached source nor attached Javadoc and
> hence no Javadoc could be found./
>
> When Javadocs are attached, you can also use them in :
> 3. Shift+F2 - browse external Javadoc which is very handy.

Something weired in happening in my Eclipse. In both my simple project and my
Ivy project I got the javadoc attached but not the sources. And for both
project:
* in the tooltip: no javadoc or source
* in the javadoc view: no javadoc or source
* Shift+F2 : works like a charm for both...

I think I cannot help you further with your issue, my Eclipse seems fracked up
(maybe because of JadClipse ?).

Nicolas