ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From paul.newp...@targetgroup.net
Subject Re: IvyDE much much slower in 2.0 vs 1.x
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 09:26:52 GMT

I have the same problem and have never resolved it.

My network topology is:  ME ON LOCAL LAN  - WAN - REMOTE LAN - INTERNET

My work around is to grab any dependencies from the internet and install
them to a repository internal to our network.

There is a thread from me on the subject in the mailing list somewhere.

I think it is to do with incorrectly configured DNS entries on Windows
servers.

Have a look at the thread here:

http://markmail.org/message/sjuzfhgfbdofopg7

             Eric Anderson
             <eanderson@palant
             irtech.com>                                                To
                                       "ivy-user@ant.apache.org"
             06/01/2009 21:09          <ivy-user@ant.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

             ivy-user@ant.apac         IvyDE much much slower in 2.0 vs
                  he.org               1.x

I've recently switched our team to the latest version of the IvyDE plugin.
>From outside of our network, it used to take 5-10 minutes to resolve
against our repository. Now it takes upwards of an hour. Internally to our
network, it is still blazing fast.

I would love any help or knowledge anyone has regarding why this might be
and if there is anything we can do to improve the performance. Its nearly
impossible to get any work done from home.

Thanks,
Eric Anderson

---
Eric Anderson
Palantir Technologies | Engineering Team Lead
eanderson@palantirtech.com | 520.440.3773

Security System.

Target
www.targetgroup.net

Target is a trading name of Target Group Limited,
registered in England and Wales No. 1208137
Registered office:  Target House, Cowbridge Road East, Cardiff CF11 9AU

DISCLAIMER.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy,
distribute or take any action or reliance upon it.
The content of this message may also contain personal
views of an employee of this company and does
not necessarily represent the view of the company.
This message has been scanned by Norton Anti-Virus.
It has also been scanned by MAILsweeper to enforce our e-mail
policy. If you have any concerns or comments about the content
of this message, please  e-mail support@targetgroup.net.

http://www.messagelabs.com