ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Partridge, Michael" <Michael.Partri...@shps.com>
Subject RE: Default pattern for [artifact]
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2009 18:38:39 GMT
You might do something like this in your ivysettings.xml:

<!--defines your repository layout, in effect-->
<property name="ivy.local.default.artifact.pattern"
value="[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[organisation]-[artifact].[ext
]" />

<!--defines where ivy should look for artifacts to publish-->
<property name="ivy.publish.src.artifacts.pattern"
value="dist/[organisation]-[artifact].[ext]"/>

If you plan to publish multiple types of artifacts (jar, source,
javadoc), you'll need to use [type] in
ivy.publish.src.artifacts.pattern.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bonvin John [mailto:jbonvin@vaudoise.ch]
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 7:00 AM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Default pattern for [artifact]

Hello all !

I'm new to Ivy and currently in the process of understanding + testing
it as a potential tool for managing our dependencies between modules. So
please forgive me if my question is too simple or betrays my
misunderstanding ;-).

The ivy doc says that the default name of an artifact is the module
name. If anything else is desired, it must be specified in the 'name'
attribute of the 'artifact' tag in the ivy file.

What if our artifacts (nearly) all share the same pattern for naming,
e.g. [artifact]=[organisation]-[module] instead of the default
[artifact]=[module] ? I'd like to avoid having to type twice, for each
of my modules, the organisation and the module in my ivy file. I'd
imagine there could be some place in the ivy settings file where this
pattern could be specified, but have found nothing in the ivy doc nor on
the net.

Thank you for your kind assistance.

	John
_Disclaimer
Vaudoise.ch_____________________________________________________________
___
Le present courriel, y compris les pieces jointes, s'adresse
exclusivement a la (aux) personne(s) ou a la societe a laquelle
(auxquelles) il est destine et peut comporter des informations
confidentielles et/ou protegees par la loi. Toute divulgation,
reproduction ou utilisation de ces informations est interdite et peut
etre illegale. Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce courriel, merci de
le detruire immediatement et d'en aviser l'expediteur.
This e-mail, including attachments, is intended for the person(s) or
company named and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged
information. Unauthorized disclosure, copying or use of this information
may be unlawful and is prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete this message and notify the sender.<HTML><BODY><P><hr
size=1></P>
<P><STRONG>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message transmission is intended only for the person
or the entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential
or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you have received this transmission, but are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution
or use of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please contact the sender of the e-mail and destroy the original message
and all copies.
</STRONG></P></BODY></HTML>