ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@compucredit.com>
Subject RE: Should force mode work for ivy:install?
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2009 21:33:23 GMT
This was actually from a pure Ivy repo (internal corporate artifacts)
and the ivy.xml is indeed correct.  The problem is definitely that the
chain contained a forced resolver and install forced a revision from it.
When I substituted an un-forced instance of the same resolver in the
chain, install worked as I believe it should.   Force is definitely the
culprit for this problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Chaney [mailto:alan@writingshow.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 11:35 AM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: Should force mode work for ivy:install?

Totally agree with you as ivy:install is supposed to be used to build
"known good" repositories. However, just one minor point - did you check
that the POM selected by the dependency was actually correct? I assume
you were using a maven repo. I've been experimenting with install
recently a lot and haven't noticed the situation you refer to. What was
the dependency referring to?

Alan Chaney