ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@compucredit.com>
Subject RE: Should force mode work for ivy:install?
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2009 14:46:54 GMT
Going to bump this topic... Would like an opinion before I open a JIRA
on this.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brown, Carlton [mailto:Carlton.Brown@compucredit.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2009 10:29 AM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Should force mode work for ivy:install?

Today I used ivy:install to move a certain revision of a module from one
repository (chain) to another repository.   I was somewhat surprised to
see that Ivy magically chose a newer version than I specified.

I cannot think of any use case for ivy:install where it would be a good
idea to do this.   In my opinion, all the inputs to ivy:install should
be used in a fixed manner regardless of resolver force behavior.   Is
this reasonable thinking?  Would someone look into this if I create a
JIRA issue?

This message contains PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL information that is
intended only for use by the named recipient. If you are not the named
recipient, any disclosure, dissemination, or action based on the
contents of this message is prohibited. In such case please notify us
and destroy and delete all copies of this transmission.  Thank you.