ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@compucredit.com>
Subject Should force mode work for ivy:install?
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2009 15:29:27 GMT
Today I used ivy:install to move a certain revision of a module from one
repository (chain) to another repository.   I was somewhat surprised to
see that Ivy magically chose a newer version than I specified.

I cannot think of any use case for ivy:install where it would be a good
idea to do this.   In my opinion, all the inputs to ivy:install should
be used in a fixed manner regardless of resolver force behavior.   Is
this reasonable thinking?  Would someone look into this if I create a
JIRA issue?