ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Hans Dockter <m...@dockter.biz>
Subject Transfer Listener
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2009 11:38:45 GMT
For Gradle, we try to implement download progress reporting. The way
we do this now, is to add a TransferListener to each of the
repositories.

If the TransferListener receives the TRANSFER_STARTED event, we print
something like: Starting to download <url>. For the succeeding
TRANSFER_PROGRESS we print dots. All this works fine, except then when
transitive dependencies are downloaded, we get more than one
TRANSFER_STARTED event (It seems every resolver in the chain is
sending one). This clutters obviously our output. I wouldn't like to
add state to the listeners. I know that the
DefaultRepositoryCacheManager works with a DownloadListener. But it
can only have one and access to it is rather hidden.

Any idea how we can solve this problem without adding state to our
TransferListener?

- Hans

--
Hans Dockter