ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AW: New feature request : RetrieveReport
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2009 22:33:36 GMT
Seems a good idea to me. Please create the JIRA ticket.
If someone has some more relevant input, it can be added directly in there..

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Anders Søe <anders@soee.org>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 10:03:01 AM
Subject: Re: AW: New feature request : RetrieveReport

Well, lets call it a "Feature suggestion", and a request for comments then.

Maybe someone else had some relevant input before i post a Jira on it.

/Anders

Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
> Best place for a feature request is the Jira I think.
>
> Jan

process returned a RetrieveReport with details about the actual retrieved artifacts and their
locations.

>> This would make it possible for 3rd party applications, like IDE addons, to work
with the retrieved files.

>> Furthermore it would be possible to expand the Ant tasks with a "retrievePath" target,
just like the current "cachePath", but with the retrieved locations. I have seen several questions
on the mailing list recently related to this.