ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Mitch Gitman" <mgit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IvyDE cache location
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 05:42:10 GMT
If you want to give each individual developer the ability to customize the
location of their Ivy cache, one approach is to add the following line to
your global ivysettings.xml:
 <include file="${ivy.default.ivy.user.dir}/ivysettings.xml"/>

Then the user can define their own Ivy settings to their heart's content in
USER_HOME/.ivy2/ivysettings.xml. Note: if you do this, this local Ivy
settings file will be required.

Now, if your concern is doing ivy:cleancache for one project and then
cleaning out the whole cache, one way to do this is by establishing
namespaces for different projects. I don't have the details on that handy.

However, I don't quite see how clearing the Ivy cache would "crash the
building of other projects." If you do ivy:cleancache on one project or just
manually delete your USER_HOME/.ivy2/cache (or whatever you customize it
to), the only complication this should introduce is the extra wait that
comes with the re-downloading of the dependent modules on the next Ivy
resolve. So, unless I'm misunderstanding something, it kinda seems like
you're going to a lot of trouble to address a non-issue.