ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: how to put the artifacts in ant classpath?
Date Thu, 01 Jan 2009 10:57:59 GMT
What's your problem with ivy:cachepath? That is the preferred way to do it.

<ivy:cachepath pathid="my.classpath" ... />
<java classpathref="my.classpath" ... />

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: zyd08 <yiduo.zhou@db.com>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 7:38:18 PM
Subject: how to put the artifacts in ant classpath?

I'm new to ivy and I'm stuck with a very presumably simple issue. I've set
ivy to retrieve all the artifacts (jars)  using the following patterns:

ivyPattern="[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/ivy.xml"
artifactPattern="[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact].[ext]"

After all the jars are downloaded into the ivy cache directory, how am I
supposed to include them in the classpath in the ant java task? The jars are
each in their own sub-directories rather than put in a flat directory. I've
searched on the forum for this topic and it turned out that I should make
use of ivy:cachepath, but somehow it didn't quite work for me. maybe I'm
missing something important? Could anyone please let show me the correct
solution?

Thank you very much in advance!