ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Hans Dockter <m...@dockter.biz>
Subject Resolve behavior possibly broken in 2.0-final
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2009 08:25:57 GMT
I might be missing something, but I think the resolve behavior in 2-0-
final has a bug.

I have the following ivy.xml and ant script:

<ivy-module version="2.0" xmlns:m="http://ant.apache.org/ivy/maven">
     <info organisation="apache" module="hello-ivy"/>
	<configurations>
	    	<conf name="compile"  transitive="false"/>
	    </configurations>
     <dependencies>
         <dependency org="org.codehaus.groovy" name="groovy-all"
rev="1.5.7" conf="compile"/>
     </dependencies>
</ivy-module>

<project xmlns:ivy="antlib:org.apache.ivy.ant" name="hello-ivy"
default="resolve">
     <target name="resolve" description="--> retrieve dependencies
with ivy">
         <ivy:resolve conf="compile" transitive="true"/>
     </target>
</project>

Although the transitive argument of the resolve task is true, the
state of the transitive property of the configuration wins. Groovy is
not resolved transitively. This is different to the behavior of
ivy-2.0-rc1. I think the resolve argument should always win.

If I do it vice versa the behavior is different:

<configurations>
	<conf name="compile"  transitive="true"/>
</configurations>

<ivy:resolve conf="compile" transitive="false"/>

Now the transitive argument of the resolve task wins. Groovy is not
resolved transitively.

Should I file a Jira?

- Hans

--