ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Simon Broeng Jensen <bro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: unable to install - broken since rc1
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:05:23 GMT
On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Kent Larsson <kent.larsson@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm by no means an Ivy expert, I don't even consider myself good at it. But
> maybe I can get a discussion going by asking you some questions to get us
> started:
>
> Which Ivy version do you use? If it's not the final one, upgrade.
>
> If you upgraded, did you clean your cache afterwards? If you didn't, try it.
>
> Is overwrite set to false? If yes, can you set it to true? If it's set to
> false and the destination exists I guess it's acting as it should.

I have a small bonus question, I hope someone is able to answer it.

I have previously attempted to make some auto-installation from an
external repository to our shared repository, but I ran into trouble,
when the artifact already existed in the shared repository.

Ideally, I would prefer it to fail quietly when the artifact is
already installed, and continue the ant script from which it was
called. However, the ivy:install task aborted the entire build.

The only solution to this problem, that I know of, is to set the
overwrite setting to true, but that might cause a lot of redundant
writes to my shared repository, and I am concerned that, that might
render my repository unstable for any builds depending on the artifact
being installed.

Is it possible in any way, to avoid having ivy:install overwriting
artifacts in my repository, but not break the build when it happens?

Regards, Simon.

> Are you able to overwrite the destination file yourself? If you are not,
> maybe a process is using it or you have a file permission problem. In any
> case, if you can't delete it and Ivy is running from your account, then you
> need to fix something so that you (and Ivy) are able to delete it.
>
> Best regards, Kent
>

> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 2:44 PM, Brian Matzon <matzon@certus.dk> wrote:
>
>> I am trying to install org.slf4j / slf4j-api
>> No problems in beta 2, but ever since rc1 its been broken:
>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/slf4j/slf4j-api/1.4.3/slf4j-api-1.4.3.pom
>>
>> build.xml:64: impossible to install org.slf4j#slf4j-api#trunk;1.4.3:
>> java.io.IOException: file copy not done from
>> cache\org.slf4j\slf4j-api\trunk\jars\slf4j-api-1.4.3.jar to
>> local\org.slf4j\slf4j-api\trunk\slf4j-api-1.4.3.jar:
>> destination already exists and overwrite is false
>>
>> The install log also seems to be picking up more in RC1 ?
>> Does this have anything to do with parenting ?
>>
>> beta2:
>> [ivy:install] :: installing org.slf4j#slf4j-api#trunk;1.4.3 ::
>>                                                   [ivy:install] :: resolving
>> dependencies ::
>>
>> [ivy:install]   found org.slf4j#slf4j-api#trunk;1.4.3 in external
>>                                                  [ivy:install] ::
>> downloading artifacts to cache ::
>>
>> [ivy:install] downloading
>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/slf4j/slf4j-api/1.4.3/slf4j-api-1.4.3.jar...
                 [ivy:install] .... (14kB)

>> [ivy:install] .. (0kB)
>>
>> [ivy:install]   [SUCCESSFUL ] org.slf4j#slf4j-api#trunk;1.4.3!slf4j-api.jar
>> (1974ms)                                         [ivy:install] :: installing
>> in local ::
>>
>> [ivy:install]   published slf4j-api to
>> local/org.slf4j/slf4j-api/trunk/slf4j-api-1.4.3.jar
>>
>> [ivy:install]   published ivy to
>> local/org.slf4j/slf4j-api/trunk/ivy-1.4.3.xml
>>
>> RC1
>> [ivy:install] :: installing org.slf4j#slf4j-api#trunk;1.4.3 ::
>>                                                   [ivy:install] :: resolving
>> dependencies ::
>>
>> [ivy:install]   found org.slf4j#slf4j-api#trunk;1.4.3 in external
>>                                                  [ivy:install] ::
>> downloading artifacts to cache ::
>>
>> [ivy:install] downloading
>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/slf4j/slf4j-api/1.4.3/slf4j-api-1.4.3-sources.jar...