ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Kirby Files <kfi...@masergy.com>
Subject Re: IvyDE doesn't pick up ivy.xml changes made outside of Eclipse
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2009 13:59:07 GMT
CalvinJ wrote on 01/21/2009 08:13 PM:
> I'm guessing I've configured something wrong but when using Ivy
> 2.0.0rc2 and IvyDE 2.0.0beta1 in Eclipse 3.3, it works the first
> time you set it up on a project. But when you change any
> dependencies in ivy.xml outside of Eclipse, it never picks up the
> change. Even when I do a project Refresh (which works for the Maven
>  plug-in), it doesn't do anything.

In general, IvyDE picks up changes under the following circumstances

  * ivy.xml is edited in the IvyXml Editor within Eclipse
  * The user invokes Resolve from the Ivy Classpath Container context menu
  * The settings for the Ivy Classpath Container are edited
  * The project is reopened

Invoking Refresh from the project context menu just synchronizes
Eclipse's view of the filesystem with your OS filesystem. I think
Resolve is what you're looking for.

Thanks,
   --kirby