ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From David Goblirsch <dgoblir...@interactivebrokers.com>
Subject Re: Newbie: How to skip publish to local repository
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2009 23:54:34 GMT
Mitch Gitman wrote:
> David, forgive me beforehand for answering your question (A) with another
> question and then (B) by sidestepping it.
>
> Could you clarify what you mean by "local repository"? I think in the usual
> Ivy parlance, this means local to an individual developer's machine. Do you
> mean local to your machine or do you mean a shared/enterprise repository?

I mean local to my mahine, and I am not using a continuous integration
server (yet).
> Now, if you're talking an Ivy repository that is local to your machine, then
> you already have control over which Ant targets you're calling. So whenever
> you need to do a build for your own sake, you just avoid calling the target
> that does ivy:publish, up until you need to publish to your local
> repository.

Yes, true. But I just added a use of Ant's <uptodate> task that allows
me to re-call with publish and have it
do nothing with no changes, i.e., like javac, it does nothing if its
dependencies are up to date.

Thank you for your detailed response!