ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From David Goblirsch <>
Subject Newbie: How to skip publish to local repository
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2009 22:31:25 GMT
If I have no changes to my source code or ivy.xml, my build will do nothing
EXCEPT that the "publish" task still wants to push them to the local
In order to get the build to not fail, I have to set overwrite to "true".

My guess is I am missing something here. My "publish" task depends on
the "jar" task since I want
to publish to my local repository any newly updated jar. But with no
changes, "compile" does nothing,
"jar" does nothing, but "publish" does anyway. How do you get the
publish task to
do nothing if the artifact and the ivy file have not changed??

View raw message